Hello and welcome - decided to start a blog again as my last one had decent reviews when I was writing on Coinflip, a lot has happened since then and the time has come to start sharing some of the highs and lows!!!
So a little about me - I'm currently one of the sponsored pros for Badbeat I play poker full time and have done for 5 years now, I play 6max cash 200nl + on Ipoker and also on microgaming.
I joined Badbeat around 3 months ago and unfortunately didn't get off to the best start I was spewing buyins away like it was monopoly money and didn't seem to be on the right side of any run good, after breaking my loss limit, looking at my hands and realising how bad I was playing, I was told to take a break for a while until some of the coaches had finished in Vegas and then we could re-evaluate where I was at. (sigh)
3 weeks passed and I was informed that I had received a new mentor called Peter - I obvs googled to get some background on him and found out hes a real good player, really solid and good win rate etc. (happy days). I had a skype call with Peter and he informed me that he had spoken to some of the big wigs at BB and assured them that my game was a winner and that I had defo been on the wrong side of some situations and that he had confidence in me winning again.
A month after I effectively broke even maybe even a slight profit under the guidance of my coach and started to get a real feel for the games, I still have the odd spew monkey moment which I'm trying to iron out but hey who doesn't???? :-) (Peter)
Month 2 started off real good I was winning even though I was running below EV by a huge margin and was playing a lot better my game had changed my spew was there but in a more calculated way and I was starting to enjoy poker again, I was waking up with a buzz and an urge to grind and improve.
Typical poker meant typical swings and mine came with about a week to go - I now started running out of flip tokens and my hands were just getting pipped here there and everywhere all of a sudden I'm now losing like 3k after being up nearly 5k WTF.... I did some sessions again reviewed some hands and spotted some easy mistakes and tried to rectify them. I had a 25th placed finish in the 500k even on microgaming which was extremely tilting I still picked up around $4k but I was 3rd in chips for so long and with 26 to go thought I had a real chance at the 120k euro for the winner :( anyhow I think I finished again with a slight profit of around 1k after a swingy month.
September has started ok - I'm running 14buyin below EV but I'm even at the moment having played a few k hands, I did have a nice score in the 10k on microgaming for 3k euros which sees me up around 4k overall so far this month - hoping to have a real positive month I know I'm playing well and just want my figures to reflect this - (fingers crossed).
I'm setting myself a target of 10k - 15k profit for this month and hoping to play around 60k hands again, I will do weekly updates and post hands graphs etc for people who want to, can follow, comment, criticise or compliment :-)
A little bit of more about me away from poker, I'm in the process of buying a house with my girlfriend :-) Im a huge Blackburn Rovers fan, I've played semi-pro football in my earlier years (28 now) I love snowboarding and try to have as much banter in my life as possible - I'm a PS3 geek too and play ProEvo and COD for redic hours...
Enough of boring you lot I will update later in the week :-)
Laters Ant :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment